Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Where is this number coming from?


If there's one thing you should take from Nego, it's this one line.
Although I have promised not to reveal too much about this Star class, I can't help to realise the every day benefit of it.

Today, I'm learning that a previous co-worker of mine has seen his pay rise by 30% to take on 1 single task twice a week. Where is this number coming from?
Last week, I went to Tanglin and selected this item, supposedly 200 years old buddha head from Sham period-a fact which I could not care less about- and €1000. Where are these numbers coming from?
During the term, I got 3 out of 5 in Nego debriefs. Where are these numbers coming from?
P2 Strategy final exam, which was not that stellar, with no annotations in the exam sheet from the Corrector. Where is this number coming from?

In most cases, Numbers come from one's own subjective valuation. Unless you sit down, de-emotionalise the context, bring facts, and agree on objective criteria for valuation, you'll end up raising doubts and suspicions. Not the most solid grounds for any agreement...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home