Sunday, July 30, 2006

Farewell Parties Part 2

On Thursday I had the Farewell cocktail party with my employees. To cut a long story short, 4 years ago I launched a family business in which I recruited 20+ co-workers.
I emphasized my speech on how the past 4 years' transformation accounted for my INSEAD project, and how I expected all of them to undergo the same introspection. After all, many of them, prior to working for me, were either unemployed or very, I mean very, unskilled. I stressed that thanks to the firm, they had a new life, new friends, new ambitions. I wanted them to understand that ambition is cool, but has to be related to their past, not to what other people have in a firm that is 30 years older and 10 times bigger. I think they got the message, but am not so sure for how long...

Anyway, it's good to have such a sense of self-realization, self-fulfillment, sometimes.
The employees got together to buy me a very nice pen. The link to my present location is that the pen has a pearl on its cap, which I found interesting. I was moved by this gesture.
I got the feeling that the pen is going to be the fashionable gift. My parents - I understand - will offer me one. My accountant wanted to offer me one, before my employees cut the grass under her feet.

Next big farewell party: Friday before departure. I shall keep you posted.

Cheers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home