Friday, July 21, 2006

Going Public...


I am about to make my blog known to all my friends and family. So please behave in your comments and keep quiet about when I am not the cool and nice guy my family thinks I am!

On the good side: this blog has been referenced in ClearAdmit, the treasure vault for MBA Applicants, under Student Blogs / INSEAD 07.

On the fun side, a good friend of mine - Sandrine - recently sent me this link (in French):
www.eurostar.lesclefsdusucces.com

It's a fake business consultant site - although the fakeness can be hard to spot, sometimes. I really enjoy the Tip section "Tous les winners".

Sandrine's parties are always a lot of fun and the atmosphere is like INSEAD: like-minded bright people from diverse background (with a penchant for b-schools), themed parties (last one: How to make a gyoza workshop - I skipped the How to cook them part), and animated with lots of intellectual and funny subjects. On the pic, is what a gyoza party looks like. You need a lot of people to roll the dumplings, and it's more difficult than it seems.

Extract from Les Clefs du Succès:

Management matricio-statégique (Anne-Lise Durine)
On m'a parlé de cette méthode révolutionnaire pour parvenir à une relation équilibrée winneuse-loser avec mes collaborateurs. Cela permettrait entre autres de faire des licenciements massifs sans contestation. La connaissez vous ? Pouvez vous me donner votre avis ? C'est urgent car je dois faire une charrette de 256 parasites qui freinent le développement durable de nos filiales...

Réponse : Aaaah...La fameuse win-lose (WL) relationship...C'est fascinant, hein, quand on pense à toutes les perspectives qu'elle ouvre businessly speaking .Alors of course, son grand intérêt, c'est que même WL prime même sur WW, mais en même temps, WL = [(WL)²]½ = [(LW)²]½ = LW

Et là pour le coup, Lose-Win inf. à Lose-Lose, ce qui est pire que tout! Donc je dirais WL, ok, mais à prendre avec des pincettes tant que les chercheurs n'en savent pas plus."

I'm afraid the fun side would be lost in translation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home